Join our team
Want to work within a global, vibrant, passionate and thought driven company? CTN is part of the GTN Network, the world’s leading provider of custom traffic reports, providing one of the largest advertising platforms across both Radio and Television.
See below for current available roles:
Speed, accuracy, brevity. These are the attributes that define a CTN Copywriter.
CTN is a fast-paced and challenging writing environment. Utilising the insights from your own copywriting experience coupled with our own Global Neurolinguistic Research, you will be responsible for writing and proofing advertising content for a wide range of local, national and international brands to deliver maximum impact in minimum time across radio and TV coast to coast. Ideally, you will have a high-volume copywriting background as well as a solid understanding of advertising legislation and industry-specific regulations.
If you want to expand your creative writing, editing and proofing proficiency, perfect your organisational skills and be a part of an expanding and dynamic global organisation, don’t waste a single second. We never do. Apply today.
The Canadian Traffic Network is Canada’s largest real-time traffic reporting content provider, and the Canadian division of The Global Traffic Network, which is the leading provider of custom traffic reports to Radio and Television stations globally. GTN has similar operations in Australia, Brazil and the UK.
We provide the helicopters, the reporters and the information for the traffic reports, featured on our national network of 115 radio stations and on Global Television and CityNews properties.
The Canadian Traffic Network (CTN) supplies live traffic reports to 14 major markets in Canada giving our advertisers the opportunity to reach 18.6 million Canadians. Since launching nationally in 2006 CTN has continued to add radio stations to their network as well as TV traffic reports across the country.
- Time, edit and write clear and concise advertising messages for broadcast on radio and TV plus additional writing or marketing material as instructed.
- Maintain quality control of all copy through systematic, regular and frequent cross-checking of scripts and audio.
- Implement and maintain stringent approval processes for all copy.
- Communicate and collaborate with sales team members across the organisation to ensure copy is provided and finalised for broadcast adhering to strict timelines.
- Partner with national sales team assisting with any and all creative inquiries.
- Partner with national traffic managers and reporting team to ensure copy is formatted in a manner that meets their needs and will ensure the best possible on-air delivery.
- Adhere to and enforce a formatically consistent copy style guide while remaining open to change and improvements as presented.
- Construct and facilitate the production of demo material to assist with pro-active sales initiatives that meets brand strategies and client expectations.
- Participate in client meetings and brainstorming sessions to help develop current and potential advertising campaigns.
- Keep up to date with trends in branding, marketing, advertising and related communications industries.
- Become and stay knowledgeable about products and services advertising on CTN.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing or a related field.
Experience: 3-6 years of experience in advertising and/or copywriting; experience in an electronic media setting highly preferred.
- A love for words and word play, particularly pertaining to the spoken word.
- Preferably bilingual (French and English)
- Organised and detail oriented.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously whilst meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to analyse and interpret all forms of information accurately.
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism.
- Perform at a consistently high level daily.
- Possession of strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Passionate about systems and processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Superior language, grammar and creative writing skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and similar word processing tools a plus.
Canadian Traffic Network is looking for a passionate and seasoned National Sales Executive specializing in strategy and advertising solutions for clients. If you operate in a friendly and energetic environment, where autonomy, risk-taking, creativity, imagination and results are rewarded, you are in the right place.
- Meet advertising agencies and lead clients to develop a creative strategy for national customers
- Drafting, liaising with internal stakeholders on copy deadlines
- Generate customer-specific proposals and creative ideas
- Build strong business relationships and close sales
- Respect and exceed budgets and customer service expectations
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a sales role
- Strong relational sales capacity
- Strong sense of urgency and self-motivated
- Good knowledge of the sales process
- Energy, enthusiasm, integrity and excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in a consultative selling and closing approach
- Good organizational and time management skills
If you are looking for a career that challenges you, recognizes your efforts, is financially rewarding and enables growth, please submit your resume.